Tuesday 18 February 2014

Hello blog!

While I prepare my author's website, which is slow work when I have no books to add to it, I have decided to get the blog-process rolling with a free blog here. I initially hit up WordPress. I even paid for a domain name, and I was thrilled...

That is, until I realized what a steep learning curve it was for me to make my blog look half-decent. Unfortunately, I'm a huge snob when it comes to online appearances. I'm snooty over horrible book covers, and I abhor Comic Sans on anything. So, hating the fact that I had something below my standards out there under my name, I got rid of WordPress and switched tracks for Wix. I'm still fiddling around with all the settings on there, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get a blog going in the meantime.

Hello all! My name--for the written world, anyway--is Liz Muldoon, and by the end of 2014, I'd like to be a published author. I'm still on the fence about self-publishing, but the more reading I do, the more I think I'd like to dip my toes in both worlds: self-publishing for some things, and then agent-hunting and querying for others. I don't think this blog will have a particular theme, but I'd like to track my writing progress and have a place to leave my rants.

Feel free to follow me, message me, or hit me up with a comment or two. I'm looking for fellow writers and aspiring authors to connect with, and can't wait to get this whole process started officially.

No comments:

Post a Comment